This course introduces virtual assets and virtual asset service providers and will help you to understand the fundamentals of distributed ledger technology and the money laundering, terrorist financing, and proliferation financing risks associated with virtual assets. We hope this course improves your knowledge and further enhances your skills.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand definitions of key terms such as virtual asset, blockchain, VASP, DLT, DeFi, and more;
- Identify different types of cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and stablecoins;
- Understand the difference between centralized and decentralized exchanges, and identify the risks associated with each type;
- Understand the regulatory status of virtual assets and virtual asset service providers.
- Understand (emerging) ML/TF risks involving virtual assets.
This course is available for FIUs on the eLearning platform: https://learn.ecofel.org