This course will help FIUs to:
- Identify their FIU’s communication objectives and goals.
- Understand the importance of developing a communication strategy and plan for your organization.
- Understand the difference between a communication strategy and plan.
- Learn how to build and implement effective communication strategies and plans.
- Understand how your FIU can tailor the communication strategy and plan templates to suit its own needs.
This course is part of the FIU Media Toolkit and was designed to support FIUs of varying capacities in their media and communications activities. The Toolkit will provide users with communication-related eLearning courses developed by the ECOFEL and other content providers, like LinkedIn Learning. The Toolkit also includes communication-based subjects and includes templates and links to free online resources.
Topics to be addressed in future releases of the Toolkit include:
- Media Engagement and Training
- Social Media
- Content Creation
- Public Relations Activities
- Crisis Management
The course, “FIU Communication Strategy and Planning” can be accessed on the ECOFEL’s eLearning Platform here: learn.ecofel.org